- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Pretty in Pink
Katherine Lai | Photo: Susan G. Komen for the Cure | October 9, 2013
Our philanthropy issue may not hit newsstands until the beginning of November, but giving back is always in fashion. October marks National Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and, in a city that knows quite a bit about women, fashion and philanthropy, contributions to the cause abound (both this month and next). For Angelenos in the giving spirit, here are five events that up the ante.
1. Take a chance with Susan G. Komen Los Angeles County and the St. Mary Medical Center Foundation at the second-ever Betting on a Cure for Breast Cancer event at Los Alamitos Race Course. From horse racing to an exclusive fashion show, this event is a sure bet. Oct. 19th, komenlacounty.org
2. 97.1 AMP Radio and Citi partner to raise awareness, funds and the volume with “We Can Survive” at the beloved Hollywood Bowl. Katy Perry, Ellie Goulding, Sara Bareilles, Tegan and Sara and Kacey Musgraves all take the stage during this charitable soiree. Oct. 23rd, amp.cbslocal.com
3. Total Women Gym + Spa and the National Breast Cancer Foundation team up to host the Pink Anniversary Fundraising Party at the fitness center’s new Studio City locale. Fit, fun and philanthropic. Oct. 21st, totalwomanspa.com
4. The American Cancer Society’s Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk takes over seaside Santa Monica. A single step can make all the difference. Nov. 2nd, makingstrides.acsevents.org
5. The Spirit of Hope Luncheon & Boutique checks in to The Beverly Hills Hotel. Supporting the Tower Cancer Research Foundation, the midday affair is every bit as stylish as its location. And, quite fittingly, the hotel is renowned for its classic pink exterior – the color of the cause. Nov. 4th, towercancerfoundation.org