- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Zach Goldak | Photo: Chris Godley | January 9, 2014
Few things stimulate our taste buds more than great Asian food. Aspen may be several thousand miles from the continent, but, with these great restaurants, no one would ever guess we are in the middle of Colorado.
1. The recently openly Bia Hoi is a hip and trendy salute to Asian fusion cuisine. Under the director of restauranteur Tim Goodell, Bia Hoi’s dim sum branch and lively crowd are quickly helping this restaurant establish itself as the place to be in the Snowmass scene. Open for lunch and dinner, the sticky Chinese chicken wings are a must.
2. Takah Sushi is the oldest sushi joint in town and truly a local’s favorite. Sample the Japanese specialties cuisine in the sushi bar or in a booth in the spacious interior. The menu focuses on bringing the fifth element of taste, Umami, or the combination of the other four senses, to each dish.
3. Serving up contemporary Chinese fare, Asie restaurant fuses Asian and Pacific Rim culinary influences to create dishes like Vietnamese egg rolls and spicy Singapore noodles. Conveniently located on Main Street, Asie is open for lunch and dinner daily.
4. Dishing up world-class sushi and contemporary Asian cuisine, Kenichi is not to be missed. The dynamite lobster and Blake roll are truly exceptional, along with the unparalleled selection of cold and hot sake. Don’t miss the only private tatami rooms too.
5. Aspen’s only Thai restaurant—Bangkok Happy Bowl—offers traditional dishes like green curry and fresh papaya salad. In addition to the large menu, the quaint spot offers a full bar and heated patio seating during the winter season.