- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Zach Goldak | Photo: Alex Fenlon | January 17, 2014
It is a huge week for music and athletes. Between the X Games, Winter Olympics and massive musical acts in town, this could be one of the biggest weeks for stars—both rock and snow—in Aspen.
1. Prolific EDM artist Tiesto will headline the final show for the X Games on Sunday, Jan. 26. To help get the party started, Axwell, previously one third of the infamous dance trio Swedish House Mafia, will open the event at Wagner Park. The beats are sure to be off the charts.
2. The Highlands SkiMo Race Series continues on Feb. 4. Presented by SkiCo and Highlands Expeditions, this six-race series provides uphill and downside challenges against fellow locals and a chance to improve race technique—plus the added incentive of a post-race beer at Highlands Pizza Company.
3. In addition to the big air and big snow stars at X Games, don’t miss the Bud Light Hi Fi concert at the Upper Gondola Plaza at Aspen Mountain. This free show on Jan. 24 features Brooklyn-based electronic duo SAVOY. Think Daft Punk meets Metallica, plus a bottle of gin, and you have SAVOY.
4. Help give our local athletes heading to Sochi a proper send off at the Aspen Sochi Sendoff. Though athletes are still in the qualifying process currently, on Jan. 29, athletes will be named. Come by the Aspen Gondola Plaza at 5:30PM and celebrate their soon-to-be successes at the Olympics.
5. Vocalist Kathy Kosins (called “One of the most alluring voices in Jazz” by the Chicago Tribune) will enchant listeners at JAS Café Downstairs at The Little Nell on Jan. 30-31. Kosin’s eclectic music stylings expand upon the rich history of jazz while providing her own twist.