- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Cindy Hirschfeld | Photo: Courtesy of The St. Regis Aspen | March 27, 2014
The birds are singing, the buds are starting to bloom (well, at least in the mid-valley) and you’re ready to shed winter’s heavy clothing and footwear. Your skin, too, could use a refresh, after getting hammered from days on the slopes and moisture-sapping indoor heating. Here are five of our favorite ways to renew winter-weary skin.
1. The ultimate indulgence is Remede Spa’s new Natura Bissé Diamond Experience ($400), which uses 40 ingredients during 90 blissful minutes that include exfoliation, massage, shiatsu, chakra balancing, a cryo-lifting facial mask and aromatherapy “It improves the elasticity and the cutaneous tone of the skin, and gives back the natural brightness,” says spa director Julie Oliff. And, yes, those are ground-up diamonds in the body lotion and facial mask. Remede Spa at The St. Regis, 315 E. Dean St., Aspen, 429-9038
2. In addition to freeing your feet from ski boots, revive them with the Amala Foot Ritual ($85) at the Viceroy Snowmass Spa. The hour-long treatment draws on Thai healing therapies and features an ache-banishing lemongrass and sea salt bath, exfoliation, warm white-clay mask and hot ginger compresses on reflexology points. Moisturizing cream, plus cuticle treatment and polish leave your feet sandal ready. 130 Wood Rd. Snowmass Village, 923-8000
3. At the charming and petite Heaven on Earth day spa, owner Pila Xian will hydrate your skin to glowing with the 75-minute Intraceutical Oxygen Facial ($175). An age-defying cocktail of hyaluronic acid, vitamins, antioxidants, and peptides is delivered to your skin via oxygen flow (you’ll just feel very light pressure). The result is skin that’s instantly hydrated, firmer and noticeably lifted. Bonus: a paraffin wrap for your feet, and some targeted massage, are included in the treatment. 205 S. Mill St., Aspen, 925-2278
4. At the Westin Snowmass Spa, the Tailored Body Scrub ($150 for an hour) exfoliates skin with a sea-salt mixture, followed by a massage. Add an essential oil blend like Breathe, which soothes the respiratory system, to the massage cream to feel cleansed inside as well. 100 Elbert Lane, Snowmass Village, 923-8298
5. O2’s Love My Face treatment ($195) will fast-track you to a dewy, refreshed look with a 90-minute package of microdermabrasion, a peel, oxygen, extractions and a mask. It also includes an enzyme lip treatment to buff away a winter’s worth of chapping, plus a hand and foot massage and paraffin treatments. 500 W. Main St., Aspen, 925-4002