- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
And the Winner Is!by Lisa Shames and Katie Schroeder | CS magazine | February 18, 2013
Hollywood may be miles away but that doesn’t mean you can’t get in on its most glamorous night of the year: the Academy Awards. From dressed-to-the-nines viewing parties to festive eats that are a must at your in-home bash, we have you covered for the Feb. 24 event.
1. Hosting your own Oscars party? Give your guests the A-list treatment with a Silver Screen Soiree package from Garrett Popcorn Shops, which includes a two-gallon platinum tin filled with its tasty signature Chicago Mix, 12 individual-sized Garrett bags, a scoop, an envelope with voting ballots and a one-quart tin filled with—you guessed it!—Garrett popcorn for the party guest with the most correct picks. Gold statue not included. 625 N. Michigan Ave., garrettpopcorn.com
2. Oscar Experience: Chicago, the only local event sanctioned by the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences, features a red carpet entrance, food from Pure Kitchen Catering, themed cocktails and a live high-definition telecast of the 85th Annual Academy Awards in two state-of-the-art theaters. Hair and makeup touchups courtesy of Blow by Blow means you’ll be ready for your close-up all night long. Gene Siskel Film Center of the School of the Art Institute of Chicago, 164 N. State St., 312.846.2072, siskelfilmcenter.org
3. Nellcôte gets in on the glitz and glam with its Orange Carpet Oscars Viewing Party & Social Media Bash. Host Kelly Ryan O’Brien of the Chicago Blogger Network will be play-by-play tweeting from the party, which features a paparazzi-style step-and-repeat, photo booth, specially priced Oscar-themed cocktails and plenty of viewing screens to take in all the action. 833 W. Randolph St., 312.432.0500, firstname.lastname@example.org
4. D. Graham Kostic of Glossed and Found and Monika Dixon PR are hosting a Hollywood-glam evening at Public Chicago for 150 guests donning their most red carpet-worthy cocktail attire. Watch the Academy Awards in style at Hello, Oscar! while sipping miniature bottles of Moët & Chandon Champagne, nibbling on signature sweets by Sugar Chic Designs and voting on an ultimate best dressed contest. 1301 N. State Parkway, hellooscar.eventbrite.com
5. The Junior Networking Committee of Vital Bridges Center on Chronic Care presents Vital Nights, an Oscars viewing party at Chuck’s Manufacturing. Join DJ Megan Taylor while sipping Svedka Vodka cocktails and Goose Island beer for an evening to benefit the organization that helps men, women and children impacted by HIV and AIDS build healthier lives. Word to the wise: Come dressed to impress in festive cocktail and creative black-tie apparel. 224 N. Michigan Ave., 773.271.9161, heartlandalliance.org/vital