- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Chicago’s Hair Havens
Tanisha Wallis | Photo: Covert Nine | October 9, 2013
The right hairstyle can be transformative. A simple trim or salon up-do can flatter your face perfectly and complete your gala-ready look before you head to the party of the season. But with so many salons in Chicago, choosing the right one can be overwhelming. Luckily, we’ve done some research for you. Check out these top salons before heading to your next big event.
1. As summer fades away, Blowtique is trading in its popular braid bar for a new ponytail and bun bar ($10-$35), a quick way to get chic hair for the fall gala season and upcoming holiday parties. Appointments are recommended for the bar, where clients can finish their look with complimentary ribbon or hair chalk. From messy buns to twisted ponytails, you can stop into Blowtique and walk out with a gorgeous up-do 15 minutes later. 1 E. Huron St., 312.280.2400, blowtique.com
2. Who knew that hair could feel as soft as cashmere? With George the Salon’s new Cashmere Blowout ($50), you can get lightweight, voluminous hair with the added softness that only cashmere proteins and precious oils can provide. Performed by a master stylist, your hair will be left conditioned and smoothed with added strength and fullness. 23 W. Hubbard St., 312.923.9444, georgethesalon.com
3. Whether you need a blowout or a red-carpet face, Gold Coast’s Blow by Blow salon can satisfy all your beauty needs. Its new Express Keratin Treatments ($125-$175) will give you perfectly smooth, straight hair—something not easy to attain in the Windy City! Can’t make to the salon? Blow by Blow’s professionals also makes house calls! 67 E. Oak St., 312.867.0332, blow-by-blow.com
4. Right off the Magnificent Mile, Maxine Salon offers the finest hair services for men and women. And as the Chicago flagship L’Oreal Professional hair color center, clients can expect cutting-edge cuts and the newest coloring techniques, including balayage and dip dye. 712 N. Rush St., 312.751.1551, maxinesalon.com
5. Enjoy a day of pampering at Charles Ifergan Salon, where you can receive a body wrap treatment followed by a chic up-do. Perfect for bridal parties, the Ifergan offers hair and makeup sessions and multiple spa treatments. With top stylists on staff, this is the perfect place to try that cool new hairstyle you’ve been thinking of. 106 E. Oak St., 312.342.4484, charlesifergan.com