- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Chiara Milioulis | Photo: Courtesy Image | May 3, 2013
On Sunday, May 12, it’ll be time to show appreciation for mothers, which means treating yours to the very best. Whether the lady of honor will indulge in a pampering spa day or prefers the classic brunch with friends and loved ones, CS has you covered on ways to make this Mother’s Day exceed her expectations.
1. Can’t take a holiday in Spain? Café Ba-Ba-Reeba! is the next best thing. For Mother’s Day, this Lincoln Park hot spot is offering brunch (9am to 3pm) with a Mediterranean spin, which includes a choice of dishes such as a chorizo, Manchego and vegetable omelet; buttermilk waffle with bananas and caramel sauce; spinach artichoke crepe; and a brunch twist on paella with sausage and a poached egg. Beverage options are equally tempting with a Bloody Mary bar with an assortment of hot sauces and condiments for mixing. To cap it all off, Café Ba-Ba-Reeba! will gift the guest of honor with something extra sweet. 2024 N. Halsted St., 773.935.5000, cafebabareeba.com
2. The Drake Hotel is offering two luxe options for Mother’s Day. First, the famed historic hotel will present a decadent brunch spread in the Gold Coast Ballroom including a domestic caviar bar, French toast and a dessert display in addition to live music by the Eric Schneider Jazz Trio (seatings available at 9:45am, 11:45am and 2pm; $120 for adults, $50 for children 6-12; free for children younger than 6). In addition, the ornate Palm Court will serve afternoon tea while mothers enjoy music by a harpist, treatments from a Mario Tricoci beauty bar and a presentation of trendy fashions (available from 11am-5pm; $38 for adults, $20 for children younger than 12). 140 E. Walton Place, 312.787.2200, thedrakehotel.com
3. Mario Tricoci Hair Salons & Day Spas offers dads, husbands and children with plenty of ideas on how to treat their special ladies. With the Signature Day of Beauty package, mothers can enjoy a massage, facial, manicure, pedicure, haircut, a makeup lesson and gourmet lunch (starting at $387). Need something a little smaller? Mario Tricoci has you covered with coveted gifts under $50, including hair color treatments, no-chip manicures, fantastic blowouts and a new express tanning treatment. 847.202.1900, tricoci.com
4. Now who wouldn’t want award-winning Chef Giuseppe Tentori preparing a signature brunch menu for dearest mom? GT Fish & Oyster is dishing a nonconformist brunch sure to have mothers swooning. Culinary creations include Sarah’s French toast, smoked whitefish quiche, shrimp and grits, and crab Benedict paired with your choice of mimosas, Bellinis and Bloody Marys, or non-alcoholic beverages like peach cider, espresso and fresh juice. 531 N. Wells St., 312.929.3501, gtoyster.com
5. Equinox offers relaxing, rejuvenating and rewarding spa services for the stressed-out mom in need of some downtime. In the exclusive spa packages, moms can recharge and workout before unwinding with deep tissue massages and facials. Services include the Gold Hush deep tissue massage (50 min., $100) and Deep Secrets 24-carat gold facial ($145). And, if you’d really like to treat your mother like a queen, splurge on both for ultimate tranquilization ($245). Available at Highland Park, Gold Coast and Lincoln Park locations, equinox.com