- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Summer Beauty Essentials
Marissa Millonzi | Photo: Courtesy Image | May 24, 2013
Here's five stores that will have you stocked up for summer, from sunblock and BB creams to pampering treatments.
1. Ulta Beauty is known for being the ultimate “one stop shop” for any luxury beauty product imaginable. The newest Chicago location on Halsted is the fifth Ulta to open in the city. Expect to see products by Benefit (including the Benefit Brow Bar), Urban Decay, Murar, and many more. Don’t forget about the full-service salon featuring Pureology and Redken products, too. And did we mention the new extension service station? The salon also includes skin care services such as microdermabrasion and more. At 16 S. Halsted St., 312.243.0411, ulta.com
2. With a menu of services to offer, Arch Apothecary knows how to make a woman feel special. The makeup and drybar boutique offers brow, lash and makeup application services, as well as a full menu of blowouts and hairstyles. If wedding bells are in your future this summer, don’t forget that Arch Apothecary has three different wedding service packages that cater to all of your bridal make-up needs. At 1359 N. Wells St., 312.291.9750, archapothecary.com
3. Especially during the summer months, taking care or your cuticles is crucial. Merz Apothecary has the perfect quick fix to care for your hands. Honey Blossom Hand and Nail Cream by Bronnley is a must-have this season that moisturizes hands while strengthening nails with Keratin, vitamin E and shay butter. At 4716 N. Lincoln Ave., 773.989.0900, merzapothecary.com
4. No plans for an ocean-side vacation this summer? Pick up Ocean Salt Body Scrub by Lush. The minerals will scrub away dead skin and rejuvenate your skin while ingredients like avocado and coconut hydrate and leave skin soft and glowing. At 859 W. Armitage Ave., 773.281.5874, lushusa.com
5. Get ready for a hot summer night on the town with Sabon’s line of body oils that leave skin feeling moisturized and refreshed. Every store is equipped with a large stone sink to make sure you test out your favorite products before you buy them. We recommend the musk scent, which has an almond-based formula that is perfect for summer. At 108 N. State St., 312.357.1234, sabonnyc.com