- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Aleksandra Bush | Photo: Courtesy Image | May 17, 2013
After months of trudging through snow, sleet and rain in snug boots, it’s finally sandal season. But we’re not showing our toes without some serious TLC first. There’s skin to exfoliate, cuticles to trim, and let’s not forget about all those bright summer polishes we need to try. Here are a few spas we would recommend to make sure your toes are in tiptop shape.
1. Luxury and the Trump International Hotel & Tower go together like caviar and champagne (which, natch, they have plenty of both). And that attention to detail can be found at The Spa at Trump, too. Our latest favorite treatment comes courtesy of the world-famous Neydharting Healing Spa in Austria whose line of Moor Skin & Body Care products are now available exclusively at the downtown hotel. Our tired heels and worn feet can’t get enough of its Moor therapeutic detoxifying pedicure, which features a mud bath and exfoliating mud wrap. The 90-minute treatment ($125) is finished with a deeply hydrating product that seals in moisture. At 401 N. Wabash Ave., 14th floor, 312.588.8126, trumpchicagohotel.com
2. With its oh-so-relaxing vibe, we feel better just walking into the Elysian Spa and Health Club at the Waldorf Astoria Chicago hotel. But after one of its traditional, i.e., with all the trimmings (nail shaping, cuticle care, moisturizing and polish) pedicures, we look better, too, when walking out of the glamorous Gold Coast hotel. This time of year, our winter-damaged feet and hands need a little extra TLC, so we opt for the Gemstone Pedicure ($90 for 60 min.). The nourishing treatment features a naturally restoring gemstone massage, which leaves our toes and fingers super soft. Putting our best foot forward never felt this good. At 11 E. Walton St., 312.646.1300, waldorfastoria3.hilton.com
3. As the temps heat up, cool down with Bliss Spa’s Cold Feet Pedicure ($70 for 60 min.), which combines hot and cold therapies to reduce puffy ankles and swollen feet. Fresh polish and mint aromatherapy will have you feeling refreshed and ready to hit the streets! At W Chicago-Lakeshore, 644 N. Lake Shore Drive, 877.862.5477, blissworld.com
4. The Spa at the Wit’s Signature Gloss Transformation ($75 for 60 min.) starts with a sugar scrub to smooth out rough spots and is followed by a rich body butter application during a foot massage sure to relieve any and all stress. Top it off with a coat of lacquer and your toes will be espadrille ready, not to mention totally relaxed. At the Spa at the Wit, 201 N. State St., 312.239.9402, thewithotel.com
5. Make your treatment last with the Spa at Dana's No Chip Pedicure ($70 for 45 min.). A Classic Pedicure—which includes an herbal foot soak, a sugar scrub blended with essential oils to cleanse and exfoliate nails and cuticles as well as remove dull, dry skin, and a moisturizing foot massage—is finished with a polish that acts like a gel without damaging your nails. Up to two weeks without chipping? That gives you plenty of time for a yoga class, followed by trips to North Avenue Beach. At the Spa at Dana, 660 N. State St., 312.202.6040, spaatdana.com