These five buzzy shops have designs on a stylish new year. Here’s where to hit for haute home decor now.
1. The still-new Janus Et Cie showroom in River Oaks has plenty of room for the brand’s indoor collection and famed oversized, sculptural rattan patio furniture. 3935 San Felipe St., 713.621.5950
2. A rumored expansion of high-end, ultramodern Internum would make it one of the largest showrooms in Texas. New items include modular ottomans and tables by B&B Italia, and an armchair designed by Audi. 3303 Kirby Dr., 832.242.9470
3. In the old Restoration Hardware space in Highland Village—its flagship is now across the street—is shiny new contemporary-cool Mitchell Gold Bob Williams, with about 30 different room vignettes showcasing everything from dining tables to bed linens. 4901 Westheimer Rd., 832.397.5130
4. Since moving from its digs on Kirby to a new, larger showroom near Highland Village early last year, Area has more space for its impressive mix of antique and modern designs, including interesting light fixtures. 3735 Westheimer Rd., 713.668.1668
5. You could spend hours poring over Kuhl Linscomb’s five-building Upper Kirby campus’ inventory of coffeetable books, knick-knacks, furniture, linens and bath products. New for 2014: Donna Wilson ceramics, the latest Moooi lighting, upholstered stools with hairpin legs by Cisco Brothers, and Moser barware. 2424 W. Alabama St., 713.526.6000