- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Hit List: Tricked-Out Treats
Allen Le | Photo: Courtesy Image | October 3, 2013
Halloween loot isn’t just for kids. Here are local chocolates for adults, so good it’s scary!
1. Year-old Cacao & Cardamom (available at Central Market, Revival Market and Relish, 832.659.7821) uses French chocolate and local ingredients and nuts. Try the Szechuan-peppercorn.
2. Giftable chocolates fill the shelves at Araya (2013 W. Gray St., 832.967.7960), which recently opened a third outpost in Uptown. Love the strawberry-balsamic.
3. Rice Village’s Chocolat Du Monde (5302 Morningside Dr., 713.520.5600) reopens this month with a remodeled interior and bites like coconut truffles and cream bonbons.
4. At Memorial-area’s Chocolate Pizazz (9055 Gaylord Dr., 713.932.0991) gourmet-snack shop, decorate Texas-size chocolate bars with candy corn and dried cranberries.
5. You can’t miss The Chocolate Bar’s (1835 W. Alabama St., 713.520.8599) purple storefront. Pick up gourmet treats like Witch’s Fingers, with almond “fingernails.”