Shops around the city are stocking up on fabulous finds. Here, five boutiques boasting new lines and looks for summer.
1. Fan favorite Abejas boutique (5600 Kirby Dr., S-4) now carries breezy frocks by Tibi, delicate jewelry by French line 5 Octobre, and Cali cool looks by NSF. Cocobelle snakeskin sandals, in bright colors and subtle neutrals, are also a new addition.
2. Tootsies (in West Ave) now exclusively stocks Indian line Rohit Gandhi + Rahul Khanna, brand new to the U.S. with beautifully embellished blouses, jackets and dresses.
3. Coquette (1848 Westheimer Rd.) has added Aussie jewelry line Suboo to the mix, along with baubles by local designer Petite Bohemian, plus Camila bathing suits.
4. The new collection at Elaine Turner (2439 University Blvd.) is a balance between masculine strength and refined feminine softness. Neutral bags and shoes, with utilitarian hardware, are all inspired by Euro locales Sweden, Amsterdam and Prague.
5. High-end, Brooklyn-based J.McLaughlin (1963 W. Gray St.) makes its way down South, debuting its first Texas location this week. The River Oaks location touts luxurious restortwear like jersey dresses, women’s tunics and men’s linen button-downs marked with modern patterns and a signature shade of blue, perfect for summertime.