- The Hamptons
- Modern Luxury Hawai'i
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
The Hit List: Soup’s On!
Robin Barr Sussman | Photo: Julie Soefer | January 2, 2014
Baby, it’s cold outside—at least for a little while longer. Here are a few Houston hot spots serving steaming bowls of soup to warm you right up. Mmm, mmm good!
1. Cordua Restaurant locations, including Americas and Churrascos, ladle up an amazing Cuban black bean soup garnished with onion-cilantro relish and presented in a toasted sourdough bread boule.
2. La Fisheria (4705 Inker St., 713.802.1712) dishes an elegant tortilla soup with fresh Gulf shrimp and red tortilla chip strips. Other options: a rich chowder of clam and zucchini blossom, or creamy black bean with Cotija cheese.
3. New Liberty Kitchen & Oysterette (4224 San Felipe St., 713.622.1010) serves up a mean gumbo with whole Creole crab, shrimp and andouille sausage, in addition to a unique oyster and fennel stew.
4. Local Foods (2424 Dunstan Rd., 713.521.7800) stirs a soul-satisfying chicken lemongrass soup, in addition to its daily vegetarian lentil variety.
5. A deep trough of ramen from Chinatown’s new Tiger Den (9889 Bellaire Blvd., 832.804.7755) will seriously warm you from head to toe. For a little spice, order the spicy miso version.