It’s always more fun to watch the big game in the company of friends, food and drinks. Here are five tasty options to toss around for Super Bowl Sunday.
1. Goode Company BBQ proffers party packs feeding four to 40—ideal if you’re having an at-home viewing party. Anticipate mouth-watering slabs of mesquite-smoked meat, with sides, barbecue sauce, fixings and jalapeno bread. Goode Co. Taqueria sells fajita packs for parties of six to 40.
2. Hay Merchant is a hot spot for fine gastropub fare and craft beers. Settle on the pint-sized patio or inside the screen with a burger, crispy pig ears or a hot dog—and a cold one. 1100 Westheimer Rd., 713.528.9805
3. Houston Texans Grille sports the longest bar in H-Town, and probably more TVs than anywhere else. The Super Bowl will be shown on—count ’em—all 66 screens. Book ahead for an all-inclusive dinner with drinks and a guaranteed seat, and try the winning wild-game burgers like venison, boar and elk. CityCentre, 12848 Queensbury Ln., 713.461.2002
4. Sit back and let Pizza L’Vino deliver a choice of dozens of gourmet pizza pies in four optional crust styles, plus cold beer and wine! Check out the website for the delivery zone and to order online. All you need to do is find the cork screw. 544 Waugh Dr., 713.526.1000
5. Molina’s Cantina is a cozy huddling spot for fans of Tex Mex and football. Jose’s famous queso dip, pickled escabeche, fresh margaritas, and sizzling fajita platters always hit the spot. The place also sells take-out fajita packs to feed your party at home. 4720 Washington Ave., 713.862.0013, and other locations