It’s hot. It’s muggy. It’s summer. We’ve got five frozen cocktails guaranteed to make it all better.
1. Smoking cocktails are just one part of the magical mixology experience at The Bazaar by José Andrés, and the innovative approach here includes top ingredients, a dash of science and lots of flavor. Our favorite is the Ln2 Caipirinha, which is made using Brazilian cachaça, fresh lime and sugar, and frozen using liquid nitrogen—all prepared tableside. 1701 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 305.455.2999
2. Like something out of a science-fiction movie, the cocktails at Barton G The Restaurant quench the thirstiest of thirsts by way of liquid nitrogen, which chills libations to negative 320 degrees Fahrenheit. The options are plentiful, but the Buddhalicious with pear-infused vodka, lychee and cranberry juice, and served with a nitrogen-treated pop of pear vodka, is Zen mixology at its most inspiring. 1427 West Ave., Miami Beach, 305.672.8881
3. The only way to stay happily hydrated at Glow, the Fontainebleau’s poolside bar, is with one of the frozen alcoholic options that range from classics to reinvented childhood favorites. Our pick? The Mango Creamsicle, made with Bacardi, mango puree and condensed milk. 4441 Collins Ave., Miami Beach, 877.326.7412
4. The frozen drinks at The Clevelander are as iconic as the location itself with a daiquiri to suit every taste. In our book, however, nothing beats the venue’s Deco Peach Margarita, which is made with El Jimador tequila, peach puree and The Clevelander’s signature sour mix. Add an extra shot of the strong stuff if you’re feeling daring. 1020 Ocean Drive, Miami Beach, 305.532.4006
5. Those bottles of rosé may be ubiquitous, but you should know that the frozen concoctions at Lido at The Standard are made using only the freshest and finest ingredients. For a prime example, order the Ginger Piña Colada, a refreshing mix of coconut water, ginger juice, caramelized pineapple and, of course, rum. 40 Island Ave., Miami Beach, 305.673.1717