- The Hamptons
- Modern Luxury Hawai'i
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Germaine Benson | Photo: Courtesy of Luli Fama | July 7, 2014
It’s summer and the water beckons. These five Miami-based swimwear designers have you covered!
1. THE BRAND: Luli Fama THE STORY: A Miami native who grew up on the beach, it’s not surprising that Lourdes Hanimian’s brand is all about the electric vibe of the 33139 and the Caribbean’s festive rhythms. SUMMER STANDOUTS: Well known for their fit, Luli Fama’s suits are all about flattering women’s figures. This season, that’s done with vibrant neon prints. PRICE RANGE: $160-$200
2. THE BRAND: Natalya Toporova THE STORY: This designer’s offerings are created for the quintessential Miami girl who prefers her suits sexy and unique. SUMMER STANDOUTS: From plunging necklines to Miami-inspired hues, Toporova knows exactly how to accentuate a woman’s figure with monokinis galore! PRICE RANGE: $115-$200
3. THE BRAND: Cote d’Or Swimwear THE STORY: Cote d’Or co-founder Stephanie Thais Fajardo was at the beach one day and couldn’t help but be disappointed at the lack of creative swimsuits she saw being worn around her. That’s when she and partner Kevin Fitzpatrick decided to do something about it with a brand made for the risk-tasking fashionista. SUMMER STANDOUTS: The Paris to Tokyo 2014 collection boasts unique pieces made for fashion-forward beach bunnies with everything from high-waisted bottoms to structured tops with tribal prints. PRICE RANGE: $179-$410
4. THE BRAND: Manglar THE STORY: The Venezuelan-born Irene Sultan created Manglar as a swimsuit line that promotes independence and luxury, yet does not compromise comfort. Sultan’s distinctive touches include vibrant designs inspired by a childhood spent near the shores of her native country. SUMMER STANDOUTS: The tropical patterns and ruffled textures showcased in Manglar’s 2014 collection come in a variety of shapes and styles that exude natural beauty. PRICE RANGE: $136-$144
5. THE BRAND: Lilibon THE STORY: Lilibon creator Emilie Bon believes in sexy swimwear that’s chicly retro and influenced by sophisticated lingerie. SUMMER STANDOUTS: The Bloom collection celebrates the body with playful prints and 1940s silhouettes with styles that transition quite well from the water to the boardwalk. PRICE RANGE: $90-$396