- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Suite Novemberby Mina Riazi | Riviera San Diego magazine | October 29, 2012
With Election Day only days away, we have all things presidential on the brain. No matter your political leaning, these stately suites around the city will surely snag your vote.
1. A stay at The White House may be unlikely, but The U.S. Grant’s regal Presidential Penthouse Suite is only a stay away. The 11th floor residence, formerly the radio station where President Franklin D. Roosevelt delivered his first fireside chat, packs in perks like a salon area and built-in-service bar. Elect the 2012 Presidential Package for extravagant additions, including a 30-minute helicopter tour of San Diego. usgrant.net
2. The new hotspot in the Ranch is the $30 million-revamped Rancho Valencia Resort. It’s hacienda-style villas nabs our vote for most spacious. The 3,500 square foot three-bedroom retreats with jetted plunge pool and private terraces render it unnecessary to leave the room. But you’ll want to pony up to the bar at the rustic-chic Pony Room for a cocktail, like the 7th Chukker’s cucumber rose, made with gin, St. Germain, cucumber and lime. ranchovalencia.com
3. Dubbed the Pink Lady by the Pacific, the grand dame La Valencia Hotel in the heart of La Jolla Village boasts a wraparound patio and outdoor and indoor fireplaces in its premier La Valencia Suite. Make reservations for a window seat at the venerable Sky Room, where we hear chef Paul McCabe has just joined. lavalencia.com
4. In the race for the most scenic The Grand Del Mar’s Mediterranean-inspired Mizner Suite delivers. The palatial 2,840 square-foot sanctuary flaunts double master bedrooms and an expansive terrace with eye-popping views of The Grand Golf Club’s Hole #3, set in the Los Peñasquitos Canyon Preserve. The award-winning property celebrates its fifth anniversary this year. Celebrate with dinner at Chef Camron Woods’ Amaya, which is getting a sister location in La Jolla Village this coming February. thegranddelmar.com
5. Overlooking the golf course and Batiquitos Lagoon, two flower-bordered balconies of Park Hyatt Aviara Resort’s Presidential Suite channel a bit of Italy in Carlsbad. Make an executive decision to order up dining from Vivace served en suite at the 12-seat dining room table. The property is preparing to retool its wellness program–another reason to make the resort a nearby escape. parkaviara.hyatt.com