- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Colleen Dunn | Photo: Courtesy Image | July 18, 2013
Peanut butter and jelly, chips and salsa. Some things just belong together. They might not be edible, but summer’s freshest fashion collaborations are some mouthwateringly perfect pairings. From Anthropologie and Peter Som to Current/Elliot and Mary Katrantzou, it’s going to be a chic summer. Clear some space in your closet!
1. Anthropologie brings designer Peter Som onboard for a witty and whimsical summer collaboration. The San Francisco native and Parsons grad is influenced by a love of sketching and his parent’s aesthetic eye. Expect trademark prints, delicate hand-embroidery and a touch of bohemian socialite. Dresses in classic silhouettes and splashy prints have your summer wardrobe crisis solved, before it even began. Fashion Valley, 7007 Friars Road, anthropologie.com
2. From across the pond to the feet of every girl in Hollywood, the Preen team hasn’t missed a step. This summer you don’t have to be famous fans Carey Mulligan or Michelle Obama to get a piece of the action. You just have to live near an Aldo. The partnership’s lust-worthy collection is both wearable and chockfull of summer’s trends. University Town Center, 4545 La Jolla Village Drive, aldoshoes.com
3. If you’re as obsessed with this year’s CFDA winners as we are, don’t worry you’re not alone. Jenna Lyons has got you covered with the J Crew x CFDA capsule collection. From blooming Tabitha Simmons footwear to the effortlessly cool jewels by Jennifer Meyer there’s more than enough reasons to be excited. Fight off the nighttime chill with cozy cashmere by The Elder Statesman. University Town Center, 4545 La Jolla Village Drive, jcrew.com
4. Cool-girl denim staple Current/Elliot is getting in on the summer colabs with Greek designer Mary Katrantzou. Eye-catching prints are impossible to resist in everything from cropped pants to boxy tops. Road trip to the O.C. for a little retail therapy, anyone? South Coast Plaza, 3333 Bristol St., Costa Mesa, saksfifthavenue.com
5. TOMS creator Blake Mycoskie pioneered casual chic with a conscious but he’s come a long way since canvas slip-ons. The company now includes ballet flats, wedges and eyewear and has tapped Jonathan Adler for their first collaboration. The pairing’s sunglasses will take you from the beach to a BBQ in patriotic red, white and blue. Still the same? Every purchase triggers a duplicate TOMS donation, bestowing sight to a person in need. Find the preppy eyewear at Nordstrom, The La Jolla Beach and Tennis Club or most S.D. surf shops. toms.com