- The Hamptons
- Modern Luxury Hawai'i
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Washington, D.C.
Morgan Golumbuk | Photo: Courtesy Image | August 2, 2013
It’s wedding season, dearly beloved! And today’s thoughtful, uberpersonal affairs demand gifts as bespoke as the vows. From updated versions of registry staples to new-school, old world treats, we’ve got you covered.
1. Little Italy’s VI Star is quickly becoming S.D.’s quintessential artist collaborative. This relative new kid on the block is chockablock with everything from antique bronze windbells by visionary architect Paolo Soleri, to a vintage ombré lemonade pitcher with matching glasses. For a luxurious, registry-trumping twist on a gift list standby, try a Missoni throw in the Italian designhouse’s trademark chevrons: VI Star is one of the only boutiques to carry the line in San Diego. 2355 India St., sixstarsd.com
2. Industrial meets organic at SoLo, the pinnacle of high-end international home design in the Cedros Design District. Each hand-selected piece in the expansive lifestyle books section is a coffee table must-have and the Dos Dueños pewter serving pieces have distinctly unique south-of-the-border style. Top honors go to Saint A’s plush chenille robes, guaranteed to be the first (maybe only?!) things the newlyweds pack into their honeymoon suitcases. 309 S. Cedros Ave., solocedros.com
3. Want modern? Seek Mixture. Design freaks know the Kettner shop for the curated selection of high-style pieces from the likes of Kartell, Robert Verhees and Leif.designpark. Find one-of-a-kind art glass, ceramics, books, housewares and other sleek accessories at Little Italy’s original shrine to chic. 2210 Kettner Blvd., mixturehome.com
4. You’d be hard-pressed to find a gift more covetable than, well, anything packaged in the classic blue box of Tiffany & Co. Handblown crystal champagne flutes are the a signature choice, but a sterling silver Century cocktail shaker comes a close second in the realm of specialty drink essentials. Think heirloom. 4545 La Jolla Village Dr. and 7007 Friars Road, tiffany.com
5. Old: Mixing bowls and a set of tea towels. New: A luxe package from Extraordinary Desserts, gourmet gift sets with everything from signed copies of owner-baker Karen Krasne’s book, Extraordinary Cakes, to exotic teas and accessories and high-end indulgences like handmade truffles and confections. Each also features one of the luscious floral-strewn cakes that put the dessert maestro on the map. Wedding cake? So 2012. 1430 Union St. or 2929 Fifth Ave., extraordinarydesserts.com