- Eat & Drink
- News & Features
- City Life
- The Hamptons
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Washington, D.C.
The Top Ten Things to Do at Best of the Bay This Thursday
Katie Prevost | Photo: San Francisco magazine | June 24, 2014
Get your tickets now!
Our Best of the Bay 2014 party is this Thursday. While the amount of drinks, food, and activities can be overwhelming, take it from us—there's no wrong way to enjoy yourself. Here are the top ten things that we'll be doing to get down.
1. Enjoy SF's best dj's—including DJCAMS and DJ King Most. See if you can win a dance-off with our editor-in-chief, Jon Steinberg. (Helpful hint: It's pretty easy.)
2. Compare and contrast Bulleit Bourbon's regular bottle with its 10-year-old version. Order two or three more pairs just to make sure you were right the first time.
3. Turn your old iPhone case in for a sparkling new one at the Speck case counter.
4. Head to the patio and enjoy a cigar or a vaporizer with flavors that will remind you the hookahs you smoked while you lived in Morocco when finishing your experimental novel, Naked Lunch.
5. For the VIPs, taste test neat Don Julio tequilas. Bonus points if you smuggle some out for the rest of us.
6. Catch a bit of those champagne wishes and caviar dreams while sipping on sparkling wine from Gloria Ferrer Caves & Vineyards.
7. Eat some many of Kara's cupcakes that you develop a stomachache. Continue eating cupcakes anyway.
8. Enjoy ten minutes of zen with a back massage from the Mandarin Oriental Spa.
9. Try a bite from every restaurant that brought food, including Dosa, Gitane, and Ozumo, then go back for seconds. Plan your next restaurant reservations accordingly.
10. Beat your guest at the human Jenga game in the Habitat for Humanity Lounge. For bonus points, beat our publisher or one of the editors. (Helpful hint: It's pretty easy.)