1. Treat Mom to an entire weekend of pampering at the InterContinental Chicago this Mother's Day. The guest of honor will find a bottle of champagne and strawberries waiting in her room, as well as the additional Mother's Day Basket ($100), featuring a bottle of wine, Manchego cheese, and an assortment of delicious chocolates all presented in a gorgeous leather basket. After a day of shopping on the Magnificent Mile, she can relax at the hotel's wine bar, ENO, and receive complimentary chocolates. Prices vary, 505 N. Michigan Ave.
2. Everyone needs a vacation, especially mothers. Take your mom on a tasteful trip to Tuscany without leaving the city with The Village restaurant’s special Mother's Day offerings. Start off with the Mamma Mia Rosé Flight, specially chosen from their collection of more than 35,000 bottles, and then dive into any of the delicious specials, including vegetable lasagna or baked bone-in Virginia ham. Top off the meal with a Mother's Blush, a specialty cocktail made with gin, fresh strawberries, basil and agave nectar. Prices vary, 71 W. Monroe St.
3. On Mother's Day, relaxation is the name of the game, and there's no better place to unwind than spa at dana. Located inside the dana hotel, the award-winning spa will have Mom relaxed and refreshed in no time. Surprise her with the “day to remember package,” which includes a radiant salt scrub followed by a 50 minute Swedish massage, a bright-eye treatment, a natural face lift and a classic manicure and pedicure to round out the afternoon. $485, 660 N. State St.
4. As a pre-Mother’s Day treat, consider booking a spot at Brindille’s Mother’s Day Tea. The service, inspired by Chef Carrie Nahabedian's visits to Paris, begins with a selection of teas from Rare Tea Cellars, and includes seasonal soups, sandwiches and house-made pastries. Mom will love this elegant afternoon, which of course comes with top-notch champagne. $65 per person, May 12, 534 N. Clark St.
5. Celebrate Mother's Day in style this year at the two Michelin-starred Sixteen, where Mom can grab breakfast (complete with complimentary mimosas) and get a manicure as well. Bring the whole family and Sixteen will take a family photo to commemorate the day. As a bonus, Mom will get roses to take home. $165 per person, 401 N. Wabash Ave.