Art, literature, music, food—Chicago puts the world's talents on display every year with hundreds of festivals. Here are five favorites.
1. Chicago Gourmet features celebrity chef demos and tastings from more than 190 restaurants, plus hundreds of wines, spirits and beers. Come hungry. Sept. 23-25
2. Chicago Humanities Festival brings the world’s most exciting, controversial and thought-provoking speakers to the city for two weeks of exploration. Oct. 29-Nov. 12
3. Lollapalooza is the summer music event of the year, with more than 130 genre-crossing bands and 100,000-plus fans who sell out the fest before the headliners are even announced. July 28-31
4. Old Town Art Fair boasts more than 250 artists at this juried show that prides itself on the wide range of mediums represented, plus goodies like a garden walk and food court. June 11-12
5. Printer’s Row Lit Fest is a literary smorgasbord with booksellers, authors and fellow book lovers focusing on reading for two great days. June 11-12