Easter is traditionally a big day for brunch or an elaborate noontime feast. If you haven’t made plans yet for Sunday, March 27, here are some delicious ideas to consider for a springtime respite, glorious eggs and all.
1. Hop on over with the whole family to Brennan’s of Houston (3300 Smith St., 713.522.9711) on Friday, March 25, for Brunch with the Bunny. The event includes photos with the Easter Bunny, brunch menus for children and adults, and live bunnies on the patio! On Sunday, an Easter brunch features a three-course Creole fete with Atchafalaya crawfish omelets, turtle soup, shrimp and grits, local Froberg Farm strawberry shortcake and more.
2. Hallelujah! Mark’s American Cuisine (1658 Westheimer Rd., 713.523.3800) is kicking off a brand new brunch service starting on Easter. The three-course prix-fixe feast showcases luxe treats like steak and eggs with salsa verde, lobster salad, duck with apricot chutney and buttermilk panna cotta with fresh berries.
3. Easter brunch at the Omni Hotel (4 Riverway Dr., 713.871.8181) attracts more than 800 guests annually. The elaborate spread starts with Champagne cocktails, caviars, blinis and chocolate covered strawberries. Move on to stations including oysters, sushi, breakfast spreads, Spanish paellas, a meat carving station and desserts. Kids get their own buffet, plus photos with the Easter bunny and cotton candy.
4. Come casual or in your Sunday best to chandelier-flocked The Dunlavy (3422 Allen Pkwy, 844.386.5289) for a special Easter brunch in lush Buffalo Bayou Park overlooking Lost Lake. The elaborate buffet (10AM-4PM) includes a soup and salad station, a carving station with leg of lamb and prime rib roast, a breakfast stop for waffles, eggs Florentine, or biscuits Benedict, and a sweet dessert spread, of course.
5. Bathe in beautiful daylight at Triniti (2815 S. Shepherd Dr., 713.527.9090) with a four-course holiday menu of fresh seasonal choices starting with asparagus and crab bisque. Move on to smoked salmon and cucumber, caramel French toast, rabbit and dumplings, grilled halibut, or steak and eggs. For the finale: Crack into the Easter egg chocolate shells or the fruit tart with apricot glaze. Children’s menu available.