Impress a new crush, reignite a longtime love or celebrate friendship this Valentine’s Day over dessert or drinks. Here are five sweet ways to capture his or her heart.
1. Hit new Macarons Bakery at La Table (1800 Post Oak Blvd., Ste. 6110, 713.439.1000) for a French treat your flame won’t soon forget. Heart-shaped macarons, puffy brioche, dark chocolate mousse and the chocolate peppermint tart with whipped cream are just a few beauties on offer.
2. Ooh La La Cupcake Boutique (770 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N., Ste. 500, 713.465.6338; and other location) has treats ready to be picked up and devoured. The spirited strawberry Amaretto cake, chocolate truffle cupcakes, expertly iced cookie pops, shortbread hearts or Champagne cake are a few heart-thumping choices.
3. Take your leading lady or main man to Pondicheri (in West Ave., 713.522.2022) for dinner, or linger over wine and dessert in the cool upstairs Bake Lab. Consider the exotic Valentine’s chocolate bark with nuts and seeds, chocolate donuts filled with lemon curd, Café Annie brownie or truffle-like Crackballs. And have you heard? Pondicheri will be making its debut in the Big Apple later this year!
4. Trying to woo a sweet tooth? Just remember these three words: Tipsy Dessert Bar (5555 Morningside Dr., 713.489.3762). This Rice Village newbie puts on a fancy spread of alcohol-infused, non-dairy frozen cocktails like the Apple Pie-tini made with Crown Royal Apple, or the Red Velvet mixed with cake vodka and chocolate liqueur.
5. Triniti (2815 S. Shepherd Dr., 713.527.9090) is a hot place for a dinner date, a mind-blowing dessert or a cocktail in sultry Sanctuari Bar. But don’t expect just any cocktail. Here, an award-winning team shakes up creations like the aptly named Sanctuari with cognac, honey, lavender and blanc de blanc. Or try From Russia with Love, a treat of lemon vodka, blueberry vanilla gastrique and house-made ginger beer. Sweet sipping, loves!