Here, five hot spots raising the bar in Houston nightlife now.
1. If you get an invite to Crimson Lounge, the newest and most sophisticated “members-only” dance club in town, dress to kill. 5018 Kirby Dr., 713.927.8615
2. The new Gage Lounge in Midtown boasts a midcentury-mod design scheme, solid wine list, artisan cocktails for around $10, hip grub a la steak paninis with blue cheese, and a biz-casual dress code. 2600 Travis St., 832.649.2354
3. Julep celebrates the Deep South on Wash. Ave. Choose from a half-dozen types of the bourbon-based namesake drink, served in icy silver cups for $9-$12. Raw oysters are also served chilled. 1919 Washington Ave., 713.523.1622
4. Downtown’s newly relocated Prohibition “supperclub & bar,” opening soon, offers vintage swank. Order bottle service while burlesque gals perform. 1008 Prairie St.
5. Revelry on Richmond is for the football fan with an inner beer snob. With its big patio, rotating local craft beers and live music, the upscale sports bar is the hottest new hangout in the Museum District. 1613 Richmond Ave., 832.538.0724