Impress a new crush, reignite a longtime love or celebrate friendship this Valentine’s Day. Here are five sweet treats that are sure to capture his or her heart!
1. Pick up a box of aphrodisiac-inspired flavors at Cacao & Cardamom’s (5000 Westheimer Rd., Ste. 602, 281.501.3567) still-new Galleria-area chocolate emporium. Don’t have time to shop? Hit the store’s Valentine’s Day Drive-In on February 13 and 14. Preorder chocolate-covered strawberries and heart-shaped chocolates online (or even from your car!), and simply pull up to pick up.
2. For a romantic Valentine’s dinner at home, make sure to put the Moet & Chandon Rosé Imperial (available at Spec’s) on ice. The French Champagne is full-bodied, offering heady strawberry aromas, and its flavors of fig, cherry and raspberry kissed with spice sip well with everything.
3. Dine at sexy Monarch Bistro (in Hotel ZaZa, 5701 Main St., 713.526.1991) with the XOXO room package. On the special five-course menu, start with the amuse bouche of Ora king salmon, followed by the filet of beef with foie gras butter. Raspberry Chambord tart is the crowning glory!
4. Ooh La La Dessert Boutique (770 W. Sam Houston Pkwy N.713.465.6338, and two other locations) has sweet treats ready to be picked up and devoured. The spirited strawberry Amaretto cake, chocolate truffle cupcakes, shortbread hearts or Champagne cake are a few heart-thumping choices.
5. Sweep her off her feet at Uchi (904 Westheimer Rd., 713.522.4808) with the special Valentine’s Day Omakase. The elaborate seven-course chef’s tasting menu includes six savory courses—and one sweet one!—meant to be shared between two people.