The best dad deserves the best day! Snag a seat at one of these Houston spots for a Father's Day feast.
1. Named one of Esquire's Top 20 Steaks in America, Churrascos' (2055 Westheimer Rd., 713.527.8300, and other locations) signature wood-grilled beef tenderloin seasoned with chimichurri is always a hit. The man of the day might also relish the parrilladas grill of lobster, shrimp and fresh fish, or the full brunch buffet—desserts included!
2. Caracol (2200 Post Oak Blvd., 713.622.9996) will put on a Dia de las Padres buffet spread. Antojitos from the Comal, enchiladas, roasted fish, raw oysters and Mexican pastries are just a few of the delicacies. To drink: artisan cocktails, freshly squeezed juices, Mexican coffee and a thoughtful wine list by sommelier Sean Beck.
3. If Italian cuisine is his thing, bustling Ciao Bello (5161 San Felipe St., 713.960.0333) will charm with contemporary regional specialties and a well curated wine list, heavy on Italian. Favorites include cappelletti-mushroom-stuffed pasta hats with cognac sauce, and double-cut lamb chops with Tuscan kale. Or opt for the brunch buffet for the full deal.
4. Treat dad to brunch or an extensive wine dinner paired with vino from Napa's famed Chateau Montelena at Cru Wine Bar (in West Ave, 713.528.9463). Start with crispy soft shell crab with tomato jam and end with pineapple upside-down cake crowned with coconut creme fraiche. Cheers to that!
5. Pappas Bros. Steakhouse (5839 Westheimer Rd., 713.780.7352) wows every time with a handsome clubby vibe, in-house dry-aged beef and just the right wine. The special day calls for lobster-stuffed deviled eggs or seared foie gras, followed by the bone-in filet mignon. It's not over until it's over: Chocolate Midnight cake for dessert.