- The Hamptons
- Las Vegas
- Los Angeles
- New York
- Orange County
- Palm Beach
- San Diego
- San Francisco
- Silicon Valley
- Washington, D.C.
The 5 Best Date Spots for Summer Lovin'
By Caroline Cox | Photo: Andrew Thomas Lee | August 15, 2016
You and your boo looking to mix it up? Try one (or all!) of these date ideas.
1. First came Ladybird Grove & Mess Hall, and now this buzzy BeltLine restaurant has opened The Grove, an outdoor area fit for dining, camp-style drinking and games galore. With 4,000 square feet of space, seating for 120 and its own curated drink menu, the dog-friendly Grove is the prime chill spot for a playful date, with games on offer that include pingpong and bocce ball, plus live music on the weekends to boot. Old Fourth Ward, @ladybirdatlanta
2. Have a carnival-themed daytime date by taking the elevator to Skyline Park at Ponce City Market to experience a beer garden; Putt-Putt; snack stations; and county fair-style games like Skee-Ball, ring toss and more. Find out for yourself why they call it “the grandest view on Ponce!” Old Fourth Ward, @skylinepark
3. Treat your bae like a VIP by treating him or her to Bonanza!, Kimball House’s new private weekend lounge. With its own entrance, cocktail station and kitchen in the backroom of the restaurant, it will serve caviar, oysters, wine, cocktails, brews, fresh charcuterie and other signature plates. Decatur, @kimballhouse
4. Mix up your weekend routine with Venkman’s new Chicken Pickin’ brunch. The venue-slash-eatery offers weekly changing specials along with bottomless mimosas and its signature Springer Mountain Farms chicken prepared by chef Nick Melvin. Chow down while you and your S.O. are treated to free live jams (country, jazz, Americana or bluegrass). Old Fourth Ward, @venkmansatl
5. August marks the third and final month of The St. Regis Atlanta’s Tapas on the Terrace summer series. Enjoy a romantic evening against the ATL sunset 6 to 8pm every Wednesday, complete with a different signature bite each week—such as Korean bibimbap, fried bologna po’boys or burnt-ends cheese steaks—with a perfectly paired beverage. Buckhead, @stregisatl